Say No To Foul Election public campaign
Rozmai Media Center produced eight video and ten radio public service announcements for the Presidential Election in autumn 2004. Each TVradio PSA was a 30 second dramatization of a possible campaign machination and a reminder of voter rights and legal penalties for such violations. The subjects ranged from attempts to falsify votes to bribe or intimidate voters, to wrong spelling of voter names, to inaccurate ballot counting, to delayed vote reporting.
TV public service announcements were aired before the first, second, and third (re-run) voting rounds by major broadcasters
• The First National Channel
• Noviy Channel
• Ukraina TV
• Channel 5
• ERA TV
• and some 30 regional broadcasters, mostly in the Center, North, and South of Ukraine.
The total number of airings reached 460 .
Radio PSAs were broadcast by
- Hit FM National Radio Network 200 times in 28 major cities of the country,
- 95 local radio stations that broadcast the PSAs in all the 26 regions of Ukraine with the total number of airings reaching 8963 times!
Say No To Foul Elections project was carried out in partnership with Chernihiv City Media Union.
We received valuable assistance from
- Central Election Committee
- Committee of Voters of Ukraine
- Znayu Civic Association
- International Renaissance Foundation
- Independent Broadcasters Association
The project donors were
- Media Development Fund , US Embassy in Ukraine
- Eurasia Foundation
If you want to hear the radio PSAs or watch the videos, please call us.